We have blogged regularly on the value of diverse teams that challenge the status quo and deliver improved business performance.
Well it’s time for us to take our own medicine!
This week we have two new young people joining our team and we’re keen to benefit from their enthusiasm and new ideas. To maximise the opportunity, we have put in place plans to help them integrate. These include:
- Structured induction process with work buddies to provide support
- Meetings arranged with key staff (including our CEO) to provide context to our work
- Multiple diverse projects over the first 6 months to provide them with insight into our work, and the opportunity to add value
- Enrollment on to personal and team development programmes
- Regular 121 meetings to ensure the induction process is a success
- Gain feedback from them re what we do and thoughts on how it could be better
- Create an understanding of working needs and preferences and develop the right working relationships
Our aim is to support development and enable our people to take on responsibility as they are ready.
What activities do you do to help integrate new talent? Let us know.
As our new starters begin their work experience, we’ll ask them to blog about their experiences and views.