That competition could come from trying to beat other teams, battling a time-limit, or pushing to the maximum to achieve something remarkable together.
The challenge experience can support improved business performance in a number of ways such as:
- Enabling the development of a cross functional team who come together to deliver a particular project effectively
- Enabling increased awareness of capabilities and challenges across the organisation that supports improved overall performance
- Enabling the formation of a team around a specific vision and understanding how to achieve together
- Enabling out-reach into the community to aid both engagement and CSR initiatives
Teams take on a series of exciting and interactive work-related challenges to develop new skills and showcase their employer by engaging with young people and businesses to promote the benefits of apprenticeships. The challenges are designed to ensure that the teams demonstrate their team building, leadership, logistical and communications abilities.
Three Lakes Challenge
This fantastic team challenge event involves paddling and rowing the full length of Ullswater, Coniston Water and Windermere in under 12 hours. It can be held as a single team challenge or with two teams of 12 taking part together. Three different boats, three lakes, one amazing event.
If ‘just’ rowing some boats isn’t enough for you, then how about taking on rowing the full length of Windermere (twice!), with team members running up (and down!) the three fells that overlook the lake. It can be held as a single team challenge or as a competitive event for up to 8 teams. With 20 miles of rowing, 15 miles of running – with an ascent of 3,381 feet – this isn’t for the feint-hearted!
Why go on a Brathay expedition?
All our expeditions involve challenge, learning and awesome memories. They are based around our fundamental goals of increasing awareness – of self, others and the environment, exploring choices and taking action. You can expect to:
- Develop personal skills (team-working, leadership, resilience, communication) in a safe, supportive but challenging environment
- Spend quality time with colleagues to improve relationships and discuss specific areas of interest
- Have your expedition expertly facilitated to address particular personal and leadership development needs
- Visit some inspiring places and learn some new practical skills
- Optionally use the expedition to support a CSR initiative
We can arrange expeditions in inspiring locations across the UK and further afield, such as our Great Glen Voyageur which takes you across Scotland from sea to sea in our unique 12 person canoes. The expedition length can vary to meet your specific needs.
What an amazing achievement. I am so very proud of the full team. We have watched them be stretched and grow throughout the Challenge.