Workshops - Immediate support for teams and organisations
90-minute workshops run with up 20 participants from the same organisation, that have a balance of new and thought-provoking ideas, reflection, and application to real-life circumstances.
The aim is to help leaders become immediately more effective the minute they exit the workshop.
One of the important benefits of this approach is speed – we can deliver a workshop in under two weeks from the first conversation with a client. Workshops can stand alone or be combined into a wider programme. Topics include:
- Adaptive Leadership
- Sustaining energy and well-being- in ourselves & in others
- Team performance in a virtual world
- Leading individuals in a virtual world
Not seeing a topic that meets your needs? Use the link above to tell us more so our team of expert consultants can best support you or get in touch today!
" I chose Brathay because they have a profound and positive effect on the people taking part. The key is being flexible in their approach as the solution develops, enabling them to make a significant impact on our business."
1) Adaptive Leadership
Skills to deal with uncertainty and innovating under pressure…
• Sharing insights and strategies from organisations who have extensive experience in adaptive leadership; including NASA and the military.
• Exploring 5 traps that can slow our ability to adapt, and 5 skills we need to excel at to counter them.
• Reflecting on our current response; what’s working and what traps we might be falling into.
• Ensuring we don’t become a bottle neck for decisions; mobilise the potential of people around us.
2) Sustaining energy & well-being
Enhance your understanding and skills to best support those around you and look after yourself...
- Insights into 4 key influences on resilience levels - Including sleep and physical health, relationships and interactions, mental and emotional health and meaning.
- Positive and negative stress - Understanding the stress curve and the neuroscience behind it. Enabling people to self-monitor and respond accordingly.
- Exploring how resilience is affected by personality. - What this means for us and for the people we lead.
- 11 strategies to maintain resourcefulness -Practical exploration of simple and effective approaches.
- Supporting the resilience of others- Being a ‘secure base leader’ for your team.
3) Team performance in a virtual world
Improving the quality of our interactions. Ensuring we tap into everyone’s insights, and enhance collaboration across teams…
Right now there will be people with important insights and ideas we are not hearing from. We can’t afford this. The more challenges we face, the more we need collaboration between teams – working together to innovate and solve problems at pace.
• The building blocks of high performing teamwork during crisis. Case studies to bring these to life.
• 5 human factors which hinder collaboration. How to overcome these.
• The skills which underpin effective collaboration – raising self awareness on behaviours we bring to ‘teaming’.
• Reflecting on what’s working and the opportunities for better collaboration.
4) Leading individuals in a virtual world
Leading and supporting people effectively in a virtual world is not easy. Confusion, anxiety, and ineffective busyness are all risks. Empowerment is our only viable option, and we need to do it really well.
Input, practice and feedback in the skills which enable leaders to support individuals and maximise performance. Including:
• Providing absolute clarity of focus on goals and priorities.
• Mobilising people’s talents with clear areas of responsibility and freedom.
• Using coaching skills to offer support where it is most needed.
• Combining psychological safety with accountability to maximise learning and progress.
Not seeing topics that suit your needs?
Call us on: +44 (0)1539 439732
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch with our team to discuss what else we are developing and how we can best support your team and organisation through this crisis!
Brathay’s reputation has been built on bespoke work and longstanding client relationships, some going back over 30 years. Although our residential sites are closed, our team are available to discuss and design interactive programmes and workshops to suit your needs.